In our annual study of Mobile Threat Defense (MTD), we tested solutions of the leading vendors. Mobile devices are a growing vector that attackers are targeting, putting enterprises at risk for infection and privacy violation. By exposing tested solutions to multiple iterations of the latest threats, we analyzed each product for its defense efficacy to determine the strengths, and weaknesses, of MTD solutions to date. Our results reveal what enterprises should look for as a worthy investment for mobile security.
- 63.8% security efficacy. Most products are in need of improvement for handling malware, behavioral detection and safe browsing. Some vendors excelled.
- 75% Man-in-the-Middle attack protection. Every vendor can detect, but not all can prevent – a crucial feature for a frequent attack.
- 90% vulnerability defense. Most vendors showed perfect protection, with the exception of an iOS based threat – malicious profiles.
- 70% effective remediation. Policy compliance is offered by most vendors, but not so much for conditional access and reporting capabilities.
- 93% ease of deployment and use. Each vendor scored 100% for client installation, and 86% for interface and action features.
Read more about how well vendors protect mobile BYOD devices and which threats still go unaddressed in our results and individual product profiles. Login or register below to read the report.
This content is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please log in. New users may register below.